InwoodSafety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempted mugging reported on Wahi/ Inwood Forum

4 posters

Go down

Attempted mugging reported on Wahi/ Inwood Forum Empty Attempted mugging reported on Wahi/ Inwood Forum

Post by carlazanoni Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Please read this posting on the Wahi/ Inwood forum regarding a witnessed attempted mugging in Isham Park last night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Otto

Isham Park Mugging
« on: 02/19/10, 23:32 »

Many of you are aware that there have been recent muggings in Isham Park. I witnessed an attempted mugging last night at about a quarter past midnight.

I was on the stairs in the south end of the park coming up from Broadway to get to Park Terrace East. Someone coming down the stairs in the opposite direction passed me and attacked the person coming up the stairs behind me.

I didn't get a great look but I think the attacker was young - late teens to early twenties, I think he was Hispanic and he was wearing a hoodie. He punched a young man (20s to early 30s) in the face. The man fought off the attacker but I wanted to let everyone know to continue to be careful.

carlazanoni

Back to top Go down

Attempted mugging reported on Wahi/ Inwood Forum Empty Re: Attempted mugging reported on Wahi/ Inwood Forum

Post by thegreencat Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:47 pm

This is really disturbing. These muggers are not deterred by the neighborhood patrol or police. Why? Because the attacks seems to occur late at night/early in the morning. If I remember correctly, all of the recent muggings (with the exception of the attempted rape) occurred around midnight/1am. We have no patrol or police out at that hour. I dont' think the community patrol should be strolling around then but where are the police? Why can't we get police on foot in Isham park overnight? These muggers won't stop until they are caught. How do we do that? We need to reclaim our neighborhood from these criminals!

thegreencat

Back to top Go down

Attempted mugging reported on Wahi/ Inwood Forum Empty Re: Attempted mugging reported on Wahi/ Inwood Forum

Post by inwud Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:25 pm

this is unacceptable!!!
inwud
inwud

Back to top Go down

Post by carlazanoni Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Most of the muggins have actually occurred early in the morning or early in the evening -- this includes the spate of muggings that happened last summer. I think the muggers are preying on 9-to-5ers who are returning from work.

carlazanoni

Back to top Go down

Post by asf_73 Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Then I think we need to hit the patrols, if people are available, around that time. We may have to have more early patrols 5:45 - 7a.m and 5:30 p.m -7p.m
asf_73
asf_73

http://Inwoodsafetypatrol.Tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down