InwoodSafety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in the park today

3 posters

Go down

in the park today Empty in the park today

Post by lineybot Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:47 pm

At 6:04 PM today, I saw a young guy (who could conceivably fit the description of the young man the police have been looking for) masturbating [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I took a picture with my iphone.

in the park today 73310737

The impression I got was that he was sort of waiting for someone to happen along and when he saw me coming down the path he just started going for it. If you look at the geographical coordinates linked to above, this took place at about the farthest point from any exit out of the woods. This was as close as I really wanted to get to the guy and then my instinct told me to get out of there as quickly as possible. I hastily beat a retreat, warned a fellow dog person who was heading in that direction about the guy, and then headed in the direction of the main part of the park as quickly as possible to try to find a cop. Unfortunately because I was so far from any exit it took me quite some time to get down to the main part of the park, even though I took a shortcut off the main path. Almost immediately after exiting the woods I did see a police car, flagged them down, told them what had happened and showed them the photo. They were polite and receptive but said that the photo wasn’t really helpful for them because it was taken from such a distance. They said that they would go down there to scope the area out.

Just wanted to share this with you all. Too bad I couldn’t get a better shot but my flight instinct took over.
lineybot
lineybot

Back to top Go down

in the park today Empty Re: in the park today

Post by tomalbrecht Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am

No picture shows up, nor any coordinates of where in the Park. But glad you left quickly & found a police car.
I was not happy to see 3 police officers just hanging out at 218 & Terrace Park East tonight, just like another recent night, not walking around & certainly not in the parks.

tomalbrecht

Back to top Go down

Post by lineybot Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:58 am

That’s odd: the picture showed up in preview (though it doesn’t show up now). The coordinates link works for me.

Coordinates: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let’s try the image again:
in the park today 73310737
lineybot
lineybot

Back to top Go down

Post by tomalbrecht Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 am

I see you were deep in the Park. But still didn't see your picture. Thanks.

tomalbrecht

Back to top Go down

Post by Spebenz Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am

Am I the only one that feels that the police presence is accomplishing nothing. Crimes are still taking place, and people are still being mugged.

Spebenz

Back to top Go down

Post by lineybot Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Well, all I can say is that all of the horses and all of the optics in the world aren’t going to catch someone like this. Undercover and on foot is what’s going to catch someone like this.
lineybot
lineybot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down