InwoodSafety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another possible mugging in Isham Park

3 posters

Go down

Another possible mugging in Isham Park Empty Another possible mugging in Isham Park

Post by ekp12 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 pm

As I was walking through Isham Park this afternoon (just before 5pm), a woman stopped me and told me to be careful because she just witnessed someone getting robbed at the bottom of the stairs. She said the man mugged another person and then ran off onto Broadway followed by the victim chasing after him.

Again, I'm getting this secondhand, I just thought I'd post FYI.

ekp12

Back to top Go down

Another possible mugging in Isham Park Empty Re: Another possible mugging in Isham Park

Post by asf_73 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:59 pm

ekp12 do you know the person who was mugged on Isham? or someone that does know him? I will forward this info to the 34th to see if it's been reported.
asf_73
asf_73

http://Inwoodsafetypatrol.Tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Another possible mugging in Isham Park Empty Re: Another possible mugging in Isham Park

Post by ekp12 Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:24 am

I unfortunately, don't have any more details. I didn't know the woman who stopped me to warn me and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I got down the stairs myself. I wish I could offer more information. The woman seemed kind of scared having witnessed the incident... understandably. I hope she or the victim has reported it.

ekp12

Back to top Go down

Post by asf_73 Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 am

I shot the 34th an email, and hopefully someone did report it. Let's hope
asf_73
asf_73

Back to top Go down

Post by asf_73 Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 am

I received this last night from P.O Pabey, Community Affairs Div ,in response to an email I sent her regarding epk12 initial post of a possible mugging . I thank Inspector Capul, P.O Pabey and the 34 for their efforts.

Angel,

The incident yesterday was a cell phone snatch on Isham and Broadway. The police responded and 2 hispanics males 16 years of age were apprehended after a canvass.

The Detective Squad is continuing the investigation.

PS: As a result of the directed patrols yesterday by Inspector Capul and myself, two arrests were made in Isham Park at 3:30pm for a narcotic-related offense.

Be well.

PO Haydee Pabey
asf_73
asf_73

Back to top Go down

Post by Spebenz Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Angel thank you for sharing that with us. I think it makes us all feel better about our efforts when we see that the cops are actually doing something too. I noticed that Optimus Prime is no longer guarding the entrance to IHP, but there were two cops on horses in it's place...I personally feel that's an upgrade and never saw the point of the tower in the first place.

Please continue to post feedback from the 34 when possible. I saw a flyer in my building tonight, i really feel this group is going to make a difference. I know i haven't been available for patrols recently, but that should change shortly. I'll let you know, and look forward to doing what I can.

Does ISP ever meet?

Spebenz

Back to top Go down

Post by asf_73 Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks Spebenz, I truly believe that if we make it a conscious effort ( 34th & our neighborhood) we can have that relationship, open line of communication that we're looking for. It's going to take work to make it happen but I believe we have people on both parties that want to make it come about.
I was on my way home tonight and I noticed that the SkyCam is gone. Let's see what plans in motion the 34th has in place once the ATLAS coverage is gone.
asf_73
asf_73

Back to top Go down

Post by Spebenz Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:58 pm

I actually like the term "Tower of Terror"

That thing was a joke!

Spebenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down